Buying Australian Made not only supports local business and the Australian economy but it brings a range of benefits to you as a consumer as well as to the environment and wider community.
Because Australian manufacturing is regulated to ensure the highest quality standards, you know you are getting a high quality product that’s made to last the distance when you buy Australian Made. Stringent safety standards also mean that the Australian products you buy and the materials used to make them are monitored closely for compliance so you can rest assured that your and your family’s safety and well being are in safe hands when you buy Australian products. This is especially important when it comes to carpet and flooring products where you, your children and pets have so much daily contact with flooring surfaces.
Our Desire Collection offers Australian Made quality you can rely on with the latest technology in stain and odour protection as well as the latest advancements in UV resistant treatment so you can open up your curtains and blinds to let the sunshine in without worrying about fading.
✓ More options for customisation
When you buy Australian Made you’ll also be rewarded with greater ranges (styles and colours) to choose from and more options for customising your orders too, especially when it comes to home furnishings. Another great benefit of buying local and supporting Australian business!
Our Australian Made Desire Carpet Collection comes in a wide range of stylish, contemporary colours, textures and styles.
✓ Reliable warranties and guarantees
Australian products come with Automatic Guarantees that protect you from common product pitfalls and risks.
According to the Australian Consumer Commission website , Australian consumers automatically have the following protections and guarantees when they buy Australian Made.
Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
- Safe, lasting, with no faults
- Look acceptable
- Do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
Products must also:
- Match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- Match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
- Be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- Come with full title and ownership
- Not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- Come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- Meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
- Have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.
Many Australian companies offer further warranties and guarantees to make sure you’re completely satisfied with the quality of their products. Our Desire Carpet Collection products for example, come with up to 25 years warranty for wear, stain, soil and fade resistance.
✓ Support the Australian economy
Every time you buy Australian Made you support jobs, economic development and prosperity in Australia, which has a flow on effect that delivers positive outcomes to Australian families and local communities.
Every $1,000,000 of manufacturing business in Australia generates:
- $333,900 worth of tax revenue
- $985,000 worth of value-added
- $95,000 worth of welfare benefits saved
- 10 full-time jobs * Stats from Australian Made.
✓ More environmentally friendly
When you buy Australian Made you’re also ensuring that stringent environmental guidelines and policies have been adhered to in manufacturing processes.
Buying Australian Made also means far fewer carbon miles and greenhouse gas emissions created in transporting your goods.
We’re proud to stock the Australian Made Desire Carpet Collection at Carpet One.
Made for our diverse Australian climate, Desire offers the latest colours, modern manufacturing technology, resilience to household wear and tear, odour protection and softness underfoot. Which means you and your family can play, entertain and relax to your heart’s content, knowing your carpet will look, feel and smell great for years to come while doing your bit to support Australian business.