In the living room
- Use black or dark grey frames for artworks, photos, and prints and set them against a white wall as their backdrop.
- Contrast white walls with a black sofa, rug, or lighting fixture.
- Use a black and white patterned rug for your living space.
- If you want to go bold, paint your walls black and then use white and light-coloured furniture pieces and accents to create contrast.
- You can go for a black and white patterned flooring or carpet to create an interesting living space.
In the kitchen
- If you want to keep it bright in the kitchen, use white paint for your walls and cabinets and then use black hardware and appliances for a touch of black.
- If you’re not afraid of black, add a focal point with a black backsplash or countertop.
- You can use white subway tiles outlined in black grout and vice versa or any black and white patterned tiles for your backsplash.
In the dining room
- Pair a black dining table with white chairs to create an elegant dining space.
- Use all black or all white or black and white dinnerware and set them in the opposite colour for a striking table setting.
In the bedroom
- Use white sheets and pair them with black and white striped or checkered pillowcases.
- Paint your walls black and use white furniture, bed linens, curtains, and other accessories.
- For a bright bedroom, keep your walls white and use black or black and white patterned rugs and furniture for contrast.
In the bathroom
- For a bright bathroom, keep your walls white and then use black colour for taps, shower, and other hardware.
- For a bold bathroom, use black bathroom floor tiles or a black accent wall. For tub and sinks, you can use white and then add a metallic colour for hardware and accessories for an added effect.