When it comes to warranties, it can be dangerous to assume one size fits all. All warranties are different, and it’s important that you understand what your warranty does, and does not, include before you make your flooring purchase if you want to ensure you’re well covered for your needs.
Five questions we advise you to ask before making your flooring purchase are:
- What length of time is covered by the warranty? Popular warranties can be for 10, 20 or even 30 years. Ask yourself: do you want this flooring to be covered for a lifetime? What is long-term peace of mind worth to you?
- What is covered by the warranty? Understanding exactly what damage is included in your warranty, and what the warranty guarantees in terms of replacement, will help you to avoid any nasty surprises if you need to use it.
- What about care and maintenance? What is required of you when it comes to looking after your floor to ensure the warranty is still valid?
- How will you treat stains? Every warranty booklet from Carpet One includes instructions on how to clean your flooring, plus we offer our very own Whoops Chart, showing you how to clean various spillages and marks. It’s important to understand how to clean your floor to keep it in good condition; for example, did you know some floors aren’t meant to be mopped, and doing so will void the warranty?
- Who should you call if something happens? If you have a problem with your flooring, it’s important you get the right person on the job to help you. Using an unapproved contractor could result in your warranty being voided.
At Carpet One, when we install your flooring, we’ll also give you a package with care and maintenance instructions and advice, including all of your warranty details. Plus, your Whoops Chart will clearly show you how to clean your floor and deal with a wide range of stains.
We’ll walk you through the entire warranty process so you know what to do, and when. Following your care and maintenance instructions will mean you get the best out of your carpet.
Plus, when you purchase with Carpet One, you have the added reassurance of knowing you’re buying from the most qualified people. We’ll help you find the best product for your lifestyle, requirements and budget, so you can be sure you’ll be happy with your flooring choice.