Caring for your hardwood floor is easy and can help extend its life and preserve its appearance. Because no two pieces of hardwood are the same, it may have natural blemishes such as mineral streaks, small knots or grain variations. By observing a few precautions and using appropriate cleaning methods, you can expect years of beauty from your hardwood flooring.
Care and maintenance instructions may also differ by region, as your hardwood floor may shrink or expand based on climate and humidity. Wood floors perform best when room humidity falls between 30 – 50% and room temperature falls between 16 – 27 degrees Celsius.
What to do:
- Do sweep frequently or vacuum to remove loose dirt and soil is all that is required.
- Do use approved household cleaners only that are listed within the hardwood’s care and maintenance instruction.
- Do use chair and table protectors to prevent scratching.
What not to do:
- Do not clean or mop with water or steam.
- Do not use wax or cleaner that must be mixed with water such as oil, soap or paste wax products.
- Do not vacuum with a beater bar head, unless the beater bar is switched off.
- Do not wear shoes with spikes or stiletto high heels.